Why are baby teeth so important? They fall out anyway…
Baby teeth usually begin to erupt from about the age of 6 months and most children will have a full set of baby teeth by the age of 3.
It is common for people to assume that decay in baby teeth isn’t a problem as they will be replaced by adult teeth. But Baby teeth are important, they are the framework around which the adult teeth will develop.
Decayed baby teeth can cause pain, infection, problems eating and even sleeping. The first baby tooth does not fall out for most children until age 6 or 7 and the last baby tooth does not fall out until early teen teens which is too long to be suffering with tooth ache or soreness.
Other important functions of baby teeth;
- To help to chew. Teeth, of course, are needed for chewing. Dental pain from cavities can lead to nutritional deficiencies if the child is not able to properly chew their food.
- They hold space in the jaws for permanent teeth that are growing under the gums. If the baby tooth is lost early due to tooth decay, the adjacent teeth tend to drift or tip into that space. Therefore, the permanent tooth has less room to come in and can be blocked from erupting into that space.
- Speaking, the presence and proper positioning of baby teeth assist in the formation of correct pronunciation during speech.
- Smiling, healthy smiles add to an overall attractive appearance which encourages a positive self-esteem and good self-image.
We have designed a Dental Care Plan specifically for children between the ages of 2 to 18 to give you peace of mind and help you budget for your child’s dental health.
Here’s how it works:
£4.75 PER MONTH*
ALL YOUR CHILD’S PREVENTATIVE DENTAL CARE IS COVERED:
- 2 Comprehensive Dental Check-up’s
- Scale & Polish Treatments with your Dentist if clinically prescribed
- Routine Small X-rays
- Unlimited Emergency appointments
- 10% Discount on any dental treatment required Diet and Oral Hygiene Advice
- Assistance from Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme
Minimum Savings of more than £38.00 a year compared to our Private Child Fees
*Our Child Dental Care Plan offers considerable savings over the year